AUCTION GUIDELINES – I know this is long….but if you plan to bid, please read completely!
• Auction will begin Sunday, September 1, 2019. All rabbits must have a starting bid of $250 or more and bidding must be done in minimum increments of $5. (i.e. Bid for $250, next bid is minimally $255) Bids that do not fall in $5 increments will not be considered.
• Auction will close Sunday, September 8, 2019 at 6PM PST.
• The auction will be run by doing racehorse style bidding. When the time expires, all lots will be considered sold with extended bidding to follow. Time will be extended until there is no bidding for 5 minutes. With this option, all lots will close simultaneously. There are a few benefits to this style of auction; Buyer has the CHOICE to switch to any lot in the offering if s/he is outbid on her/his current choice; buyer does not have to deal with the "seller's order" of sale because all lots are offered and bid on simultaneously; and the buyer has more time to make decisions.
• Extended bidding means that the auction is not declared closed until there have been five minutes of inactivity within ANY lot in the sale. If there is any bidding during the inactivity period, the auction is extended until there is no bidding for five minutes during the inactivity period. I will list "EXTENDED" in the comments to show that the sale has not ended yet. Below is an example of this style of bidding:
**Example 1: Auction closes at 6 PM PST. There is a bid placed at 5:57 PM PST. Auction is extended by 5 minutes. No more bidding occurs. All lots are declared closed and the sale ends at 6:02 PM PST.
**Example 2: Auction closes at 6 PM PST. There is a bid placed at 5:57 PM PST. Auction is extended by 5 minutes until 6:02 PM PST. Another bid is placed at 6:00 PM PST. No more bids are placed. All lots are declared closed and the sale ends at 6:05 PM PST.
PLEASE NOTE THAT TIME STAMPS DO NOT APPEAR ON ALL COMPUTERS USING THIS WEBSITE -- The time stamp is visible by the website moderator via email and will be used accordingly. Unfortunately, the time stamp displayed to me cannot always be shared due to privacy of those bidding (email shares name and contact information not always visible to the public). Please know that the timelines will be treated fairly and rules will be followed and privacy will be respected for those bidding.
• Once bidding closes, the rabbit will be marked “CLOSED” with the winner listed thereafter.
• All bids should be placed on the individual lot post, not this post or on any other media platform (i.e. Facebook).
• I reserve the right to delete any comments that are not bids on these posts (for organizational sanity) and to delete any phony bids. Also, any bids not placed in USD will be deleted.
• All bids will be placed in USD and all payment must be made via PayPal, Zelle, or Venmo in US currency. Any fees charged by those sites will be paid by the bidder. Please use "Friends & Family" function on PayPal or you will be charged a fee.
• 100% of the purchase price is due within 48 hours of the close of bidding because the nature of this auction is to collect funds for Youth exhibitors and have the funds secured to reward them prior to the ARBA Convention. Any rabbit not paid for in this timeframe will go to the second highest bidder.
• Rabbits in the auction will be delivered and entered at the ARBA Convention in October in Reno, Nevada by me. If you will not be at the ARBA Convention in Reno, you must arrange transportation from the Convention. I will not ship the animals prior to Convention nor will I ship them after the show. Should you choose to set up alternative transport, health of the animal(s) is only guaranteed in my care. Photos will be taken prior to sending with a transporter and sent to the buyer to show a clean bill of health. I would prefer to deliver the animals to you myself at Convention. Should anything happen to the animal, while it is in my possession and prior to delivery, that results in the death of the animal, a replacement of equal or better quality will be made after discussion with the buyer. There are no refunds since these funds will be donated to support Youth.
• All animals listed in the auction have either been shown or have been assessed by at least one ARBA Licensed Judge and minimally two ARBA Licensed Registrars. I have also inspected the animals for DQs. I am comfortable stating that all offered are free of DQs at this time and will guarantee that upon transfer of ownership. The exception to this is weight, since that can flex regularly -- none are genetically animals that will be more than 2 1/2 pounds upon maturity if properly fed and cared for. Some Juniors may exceed Junior weight at the Convention and will be shown in a higher age classification as allowed by the ARBA Standard of Perfection. Upon pickup of the animal, you must inspect (or a trusted person of your choice can do so in your absence). Once out of my possession, the rabbit will be considered final sale and no returns or replacements will be made.
• Proceeds from this auction will go towards Youth entries and Convention costs for ANDRC Youth Members. My goal is to get the money raised into the hands of the kids who need it most. Because I don't know all youth members across the country, I will rely on the support of my fellow Board members of the ANDRC and all of you to make recommendations. Hopefully youth members of the ANDRC in all corners of our country (and maybe even beyond) can benefit from bidder’s generosity. Depending on what is collected, I will determine how to fairly distribute to as many youth convention entries as possible. If there are any unassigned funds when all is said and done, these will be donated to the ANDRC Darrell Bramhall Scholarship Fund or held in a reserve to be used for Youth entries at future national level shows. All funds collected from this auction are placed into my personal accounts and distributed by me. While this is meant to benefit youth members of the ANDRC, this is not an ANDRC facilitated auction and the ANDRC cannot be held responsible for the happenings of the auction or the funds. Please trust that this is done for the good of our Youth and funds are used accordingly. In 2018, funds raised helped paid for exhibitor fees and entries for 21 Youth Exhibitors and their 220+ entries to the ARBA Convention.
TO BEGIN BIDDING, PLEASE ACKNOWLEDGE BELOW THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND ALL RULES FOR THIS AUCTION. ANY BIDDER WHO HAS NOT COMMENTED BELOW WILL BE ASKED TO DO SO.
Let the fun begin!